Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Innovation Valley?
Innovation Valley is a regional economic development partnership, which is managed by the Knoxville Chamber. Partners in the effort includes: Blount Partnership, Knoxville Chamber, Loudon County Economic Development Agency, Oak Ridge Economic Partnership, The Roane Alliance and Tellico Reservoir Development Agency.
How was Innovation Valley Blueprint 2.0 developed?
Blueprint 2.0 was developed by gaining input via one-on-one conversations with regional business and elected leaders, multiple roundtable discussions, as well as electronic surveys to key groups including: major employers, elected officials, Innovation Valley investors, entrepreneurs and young professionals. Also, an in-depth analysis of peer city regional economic development programs was conducted.
What program areas does Blueprint 2.0 cover?
The new Blueprint, which was launched on February 6, 2013, will have five specific program areas:
- Global Marketing
- Public Policy and Workforce Development
- Business Retention and Expansion
- Technology and Entrepreneurship
- Investor Relations
What are the target industries for new business recruitment into the Innovation Valley region?Advanced technology and manufacturing
- Automotive Suppliers
- Carbon Fiber and Composites
- Medical Equipment
- Specialty Foods
- Corporate and Regional Headquarters
- Data Centers
- Transaction Support
- Digital and Interactive Media
- Film, Television and Video Production
- Energy Storage Systems and Advanced Batteries
- Nuclear Component Manufacturing
- Smart Grid Technologies
- Renewable Energy
- Distribution and Logistics
How can I learn more about the Innovation Valley?
Click Here for more information.