A Growing Pool of Qualified Workers
The Innovation Valley offers employers outstanding workforce advantages:
- The Knoxville-Oak Ridge area is the fastest-growing metropolitan area in Tennessee in population and job growth.
- The skilled workforce is characterized by a strong work ethic and low absenteeism and turnover rates.
- The rapidly growing labor pool includes over 550,000 workers, including 45,000 technical workers.
- The unionization rate of 7.4 percent is well below the national rate of 12.4 percent.
- Technical talent abounds among the 75,000 students enrolled at area colleges and universities.
Overview of Workforce and Training
Labor Force data