In the Middle of Everywhere
The Knoxville-Oak Ridge Innovation Valley area possesses unbeatable transportation resources that offer distinct advantages for product and supply distribution, just-in-time delivery, and business travel:
- Centrally located at the junction of three major interstates: I-40, I-75, and I-81
- Within a day’s drive of 75% of the U.S. population
- Served by major airlines, railroads, and trucking companies
- Low-cost barge transportation on the Tennessee River
- Intermodal services such as those offered by Burkhart Enterprises, offering barge, truck, and rail transfer options as well as bulk storage facilities
The full range of dependable utility services is available, including communication networks, reliable, abundant TVA electricity, natural gas, and other infrastructure assets.
The area is also a hub for transportation research:
- The National Safe Skies Alliance tests and evaluates aviation security technologies for airports.
- The National Transportation Research Center conducts research that contributes to the safety, efficiency, and reliability of U.S. transportation systems.
Read more about Tennessee transportation and infrastructure advantages:
Detailed Location and Climate data